This procedure requires the use of Polaris Slingshot Angle Drive Fluid. Purchase Angle Drive Fluid
|Required Tools and Supplies|
|8mm Allen Socket||Torque Wrench|
|Angle Drive Fluid||Shop Rags|
|Safety Glasses||Nitrile Gloves|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Slingshot.
To change the angle drive fluid on your model year 2020 and newer AutoDrive Slingshot, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the parking brake is set.
3. If needed, safely elevate the vehicle to gain access to the drain plug located on the bottom of the angle drive housing. Reference your Owner’s Manual for proper lifting techniques.
4. Place a drain pan underneath the angle drive housing. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
5. Clean the area around the fill plug.
6. Then remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
7. Next, clean the area around the drain plug.
8. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the fluid to drain completely.
9. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
10. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs, and replace if necessary.
11. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
12. Add the recommended fluid through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The capacity is 0.78 quarts (700 ml). Slingshot Angle Drive Fluid is part number 2889023 for a 1-quart (946 mL) bottle.
13. After filling, reinstall the fill plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
14. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
15. Safely lower the vehicle and dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Slingshot Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.