|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Shop Rags||5/8-Inch Spark Plug Socket|
|8mm Socket||Torque Wrench|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Slingshot.
To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your model year 2020 and newer Slingshot with the ProStar 2.0 engine, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, and allow the engine to cool completely.
2. Ensure the parking brake is set.
3. Pull upward on the hood latch. Then pull back on the underside of the hood above the center LED lamp with both hands to open the hood.
4. Disconnect the ignition coil connectors from the ignition coils. Do NOT remove the cooling system vent hose.
5. Unclip the wire harness from the ignition coil studs and set the harness aside.
6. Remove the front ignition coil fastener with an 8mm socket.
7. Then remove the remaining coil fastener with a 10mm socket
8. Pull the ignition coils up past the seal and remove.
9. Using a 5/8-inch spark plug socket with an extension, carefully loosen the spark plugs and remove from the engine.
10. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup. Look for a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion of the electrodes.
11. If necessary, replace the spark plugs. Replacement spark plugs are part number 3023413. Severe engine damage may occur if the incorrect spark plug is used.
NOTE: The recommended spark plug gap is 0.037 in (0.95 mm).
12. Install the spark plugs fully by hand.
13. Then torque to 106 in-lbs (12 Nm).
14. Install the ignition coils over the spark plugs and push down to ensure they are fully seated.
15. Then install the coil fasteners. Torque to 80 in-lbs (9 Nm).
16. Reconnect the harness to the ignition coil studs.
17. Reconnect the coil connectors and ensure they are secure.
18. Close the hood by pulling up on the center of the hood and pivoting toward the vehicle. Allow the hood to drop and ensure all four latch points are secure.
19. Start the engine and ensure there are no warning lights present.
For more information, see your authorized Slingshot Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.