Connected Services are available on model year 2020 and newer Slingshot vehicles with a cell modem and 7-Inch Touchscreen Display. Connected Services upgrades your vehicle’s capabilities by adding live traffic and weather updates, improved destination search and app-based vehicle status information.
Upon purchase, your vehicle includes complimentary one- or two-year access to Connected Services, depending on the platform. At the end of the complimentary period, Connected Services must be renewed on a yearly basis.
The Connected Services renewal can be purchased through the Slingshot website and is part number 2830620. Each renewal adds one year of service.
Renewing Connected Services
To renew Connected Services on your vehicle, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Ride Command site and verify the connectivity status of your vehicle.
a. Select the version of the touchscreen that your vehicle is equipped with.
b. Select RENEW SUBSCRIPTION.
c. Sign in or create your RIDE COMMAND account.
d. Add your vehicle by VIN, if it is not already in your account.
e. Once your vehicle is added, you’ll see vehicles equipped with a cell modem at the top of the vehicle status list, along with their expiration date.
f. Tap RENEW next to the vehicle you would like to renew the subscription for.
g. Select the hyperlink for the type of subscription you’re looking to renew (U.S. or Canada).
2. Purchase the Connected Services renewal, part number 2830620.
3. The next step will differ for customers, based on their location in the U.S. or Canada.
a. U.S. customers will receive their code immediately via an email with instructions about next steps.
b. Canadian customers’ orders will be fulfilled through a dealership. Customers will be sent a scratch card in the mail following successful purchase on the site. You cannot renew your Connected Services until you receive this code.
4. Once you receive your code, enter it for the vehicle you want to renew. Select RENEW on the RIDE COMMAND list.
5. The page will provide feedback if the code was redeemed successfully or if there is an error.
6. Once renewal is complete, the new expiration date will show on the website.
Note that if the modem was expired, it may take up to 10 minutes for the modem to re-activate once the vehicle is turned on again.
For more information, visit the RIDE COMMAND website.