This article contains step-by-step information on updating the maps and software on your RIDE COMMAND Touchscreen.
Updating Slingshot Software
To update your vehicle's software, follow these steps.
On your computer:
1. Go to ridecommand.slingshot.polaris.com. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
2. Use the links on the left-hand side of the page to find the most recent software update.
3. Download the latest firmware to a USB flash drive (file cannot be in a folder). A flash drive 8 GB or larger is required. The flash drive must be formatted to FAT32 before downloading the software.
On your Slingshot:
1. Connect USB drive (with software) to USB cable.
2. Go to the settings menu and select UPDATE SOFTWARE.
3. To get to the settings menu, hit the Slingshot logo button at the top of the screen.
4. Then click on the settings button in the upper-right corner.
5. Under the general settings menu, scroll down to UPDATE SOFTWARE.
6. Select the software file and follow the on-screen instructions. This may take a few minutes to complete.
Note that the Update Software section in General Settings also will tell you what version currently is installed on your Slingshot. For example, the RIDE COMMAND unit shown below is running software from June 7, 2018.
Updating Slingshot Maps
To update your vehicle's maps, follow these steps.
On your RIDE COMMAND Touchscreen:
1. Connect the USB drive to the USB cable in glove box. A flash drive 8 GB or larger is required. The flash drive must be formatted to FAT32 before connecting to your Slingshot.
2. Go to the settings menu and select UPDATE MAPS. Follow the same steps as updating software to reach the settings menu.
3. Select CREATE KEY in the pop-up menu. Disconnect the USB when completed.
On your computer:
1. Connect the USB drive (with key on it) to computer and visit ridecommand.slingshot.polaris.com. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the updates.
2. Using the links on the left-hand side of the page, navigate to UPDATE MAP.
3. Launch the Map Update application, choosing either Windows or Mac, available at the top of the screen.
4. Plug into your computer the USB drive you used to create the key.
5. Follow the instructions in the Map Update application. When it is finished, remove the USB drive and return to your Slingshot.
Return to your RIDE COMMAND Touchscreen and:
1. Reconnect the USB drive to the USB cable.
2. Go to the settings menu and select UPDATE MAPS. Follow the same steps to reach the general settings menu.
3. Select UPDATE MAPS in the pop-up menu and follow the on-screen instructions. This may take up to 30 minutes to complete.
Note that the Update Maps button in General Settings also will tell you which version currently is installed on your Slingshot.
Before updating your RIDE COMMAND Touchscreen, we recommend syncing your rides and places. To do this, either log in to your RIDE COMMAND account on your RIDE COMMAND touchscreen or pair your display with the Ride Command app. If you are unable to sync with RIDE COMMAND, we recommend saving your rides and places to a USB drive.
More RIDE COMMAND information for your Slingshot can be found on the Slingshot Ride Command website.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.