The 1,000 Amp UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter (part number 2830547) or GB40 is a portable lithium-ion battery jump starter pack for jump-starting dead batteries. It features a patented safety technology that provides spark-proof connections and reverse polarity protection, making it safe and easy to use. The battery booster doubles as a portable power source for recharging smartphones, tablets and more. It is designed for off-road vehicles, snowmobiles, snow bikes, motorcycles, cars, boats, RV, truck and gas engines up to 6 liters, and diesel engines up to 3 liters.
To use your jump-starter pack, do the following:
1. Charge the GB40. The GB40 comes partially charged out of the box and needs to be fully charged prior to use. Connect the GB40 using the included USB Charge Cable and charge using the USB IN port.
2. Connect to the battery.
- Connect the battery clamps to the GB40 by connecting to the 12V OUT port.
- Connect the positive (red) HD battery clamp to the positive (POS, P, +) battery terminal.
- Connect the negative (black) HD battery clamp to the negative (NEG, N, -) battery terminal or vehicle chassis.
- When disconnecting, disconnect in the reverse sequence, removing the negative first (or positive first for positive ground systems).
3. Jump start the vehicle.
Jump-Starting your Vehicle with the GB40 Jump Starter
1. Make sure all of the vehicle's power loads (headlights, radio, air conditioning, etc.) are turned off before attempting to jump-start the vehicle.
2. Attach the jumper cables to your vehicle.
First attach the red jump-starting clamp to the red, positive (+) battery terminal, followed by the black clamp to the negative (-) battery terminal.
Then plug in the jumper cables. The jumper cables must be connected properly to the vehicle's battery terminals. See your vehicle's Owner's Manual for proper jump-starting procedures. Warning: Do not connect the red and black clamps together.
3. Press the Power Button to begin jump-starting. All LEDs will flash, indicating that all LEDs are properly functioning.
If you are properly connected to the battery, the white Boost LED will illuminate. If the battery clamps are connected in reverse, the red Error LED will illuminate. Reverse the connections to clear this error and then the white Boost LED will illuminate. The white Boost LED is illuminated when the GB40 is ready to jump-start your vehicle.
4. Try starting the vehicle. Most vehicles will immediately start. Some vehicles may require the GB40 to be connected for up to 30 seconds before starting.
If the vehicle does not start right away, wait 20 to 30 seconds and try again. Do not attempt more than five consecutive jump-starts within a 15-minute period.
Allow the GB40 to rest for 15 minutes before attempting to jump-start the vehicle again.
5. Once you have started your vehicle, disconnect the battery clamps and remove the GB40.
Low Voltage Batteries and Manual Override
The GB40 is designed to jump-start 12-volt lead-acid batteries down to 2 volts. If your battery is below 2 volts, the Boost LED will be "Off." This is an indication that the GB40 cannot detect a battery. If you need to jump-start a battery below 2 volts there is a Manual Override feature, which allows you to force "On" the jump start function.
1. Internal Battery Level: Indicates the charge level of the internal battery.
2. Error LED: Illuminates red if reverse polarity is detected or blinks "On" and "Off" when the internal battery temperature is too high.
3. Power Button: Push to turn the unit "On" and "Off."
4. Power LED: Illuminates white when unit is "On."
5. Boost LED: Illuminates white when Boost is active. If the unit is connected properly to a battery, the GB40 will automatically detect a battery and go into Boost mode (LED flashes white when Manual Override feature is active).
6. Manual Override Button: To enable, push and hold for 3 seconds. Warning: Disables safety protection and manually forces Boost "On." Only for use when a battery is too low to be detected.
7. Light Mode Button: Toggles the ultra-bright LED light through seven light modes: 100% > 50% > 10% > SOS > Blink > Strobe > Off.
For more information, consult the GB40 Owner's Guide.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.