Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris Slingshot. To change the transmission fluid on your model year 2020 and newer Slingshot with AutoDrive, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the parking brake is set.
3. Safely elevate the vehicle to gain access to the transmission fill and drain plugs. Reference your Owner’s Manual for proper lifting techniques.
4. Place a drain pan under the transmission drain plug. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
5. Clean the area around the fill plug.
6. Then remove the transmission fill plug with a 24mm socket. Set aside.
7. Next, clean the area around the drain plug.
8. Remove the drain plug with a 24mm socket. Allow the fluid to drain completely.
9. Inspect both plugs and sealing surfaces. The sealing surfaces should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 27 ft-lbs (37 Nm).
11. Add the recommended fluid through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The capacity is 2.75 quarts (2.6 L).
12. Reinstall the fill plug with a new O-ring. Torque to 27 ft-lbs (37 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Safely lower the vehicle once completed and dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Slingshot Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.