RIDE COMMAND+, formerly known as Connected Services, is available on model year 2020 and newer Slingshot vehicles with a cell modem/connectivity and a 7-Inch Touchscreen Display.
RIDE COMMAND+ is a subscription-based service. Upon purchase of a new vehicle, your bike includes complimentary one-year access to RIDE COMMAND+. At the end of the complimentary period, RIDE COMMAND+ must be renewed on a yearly basis.
RIDE COMMAND+ Features Include:
Weather/Traffic Overlay: Takes the navigation experience to the next level with live traffic and weather data right on the navigation screen.
Intuitive Destination Search: Improves the ability to search for destinations by providing more points of interest near the rider and gives address recommendations without the need to type the full address in the search box.
Over-the-Air Updates: Allows riders to receive new software notices on the display and update with the simple touch of the screen.
Vehicle Locator: The vehicle locator feature provides riders with an added sense of security by being able to see the location of your bike the last time it was turned on right from the Indian Ride Command app or website.
Vehicle Health: Allows rider to view key vehicle health information from the Ride Command app or website like odometer, fuel level, fuel range and tire pressure.
Planned Ride Transfer from App/Web to bike: Transfer planned rides and waypoints from Ride Command app or website to the bike seamlessly without the use of USB.
What vehicles come factory-equipped with RIDE COMMAND+?
Model year 2020-2022 Slingshot R models come with a complimentary year of RIDE COMMAND+. After the free trial year, a RIDE COMMAND+ subscription must be purchased for renewal.
How can I tell if my vehicle has RIDE COMMAND+?
1. Log in to your RIDE COMMAND account.
2. From the Home page, select MAP & SOFTWARE UPDATES. Or from the Garage page, select MAPS & SOFTWARE UPDATES.
3. Select the 2020+ display option. Note: RIDE COMMAND+ is not available on model year 2019 and older vehicles.
4. Select the RENEW SUBSCRIPTION tab. This will take you to a screen, shown below, where you can:
a) Renew or start your RIDE COMMAND+ subscription
b) Check the status of your subscription
Your subscription expiration date will show at the bottom of the screen.
How do I purchase RIDE COMMAND+ if my vehicle is not equipped with connectivity?
Purchase the RIDE COMMAND Navigation and Apple CarPlay bundle, part number 2884848 if based in the U.S. and part number 2884849 if based in Canada.
How do I download the latest RIDE COMMAND software?
For vehicles with connectivity, accept the software install requests when the vehicle display prompts you to do so.
For vehicles that are not connected, follow these steps:
1. Download the file at the following link: https://ridecommand.slingshot.polaris.com/display/PII-7-SLG/region/world/subregion/world/download
2. The downloaded file does not run or need to be opened on your computer, it only needs to be copied to a USB drive.
3. Save the update file to a 1gb or larger removable USB drive. FAT32 or exFAT format is supported. The download will not succeed if the drive is not properly formatted or is not large enough for the software package.
4. Plug in the USB drive into your vehicle's USB port and turn on the touchscreen.
5. Press the App Tray button at the bottom of the screen.
6. Press SETTINGS.
7. Press GENERAL from the tabs on the top of the screen.
8. Scroll down to UPDATE SOFTWARE.
9. Select the file you want to install. NEWEST will be automatically displayed next to the newest version detected on the USB drive.
10. Confirm installation process by tapping on INSTALL button.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.