|Required Tools and Supplies|
|10mm Socket||Shop Rags|
|Torque Wrench||Safety Glasses|
|8mm Socket or Flat Screwdriver|
Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox before servicing the air filter on your Polaris Slingshot. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing the air filter. To clean or replace the air filter on your model year 2019 and older Slingshot , follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in gear.
2. Lock the parking brake.
3. Push down on the hood latch and lift back to open the hood.
4. Clean any dirt or debris from the air filter area.
5. Using a 10mm socket, remove the bolt and nut securing the air filter bracket to the passenger side top radiator mount.
6. Loosen the clamp with an 8mm socket and slide the air filter off the intake pipe.
7. Inspect the air filter and replace if necessary. Notice: In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often. Do not attempt to clean the air filter with compressed air. If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
8. If replacing, transfer over the clamp and remove the nut and bracket from the old air filter and install on the new filter. Torque to 40-45 in-lbs (4.5-5.1 Nm) with an 8mm socket.
9. Clean the area around the intake pipe. Notice: Dirt or debris in the intake tube could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake tube before installing the filter.
10. Install the air filter on the intake tube. Notice: Use of a non-Polaris-approved air filter may cause engine damage. Always use a Polaris-approved replacement filter. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
11. Install the bolt and nut to secure the air filter bracket to the passenger side top radiator mount. Torque to 7-9 ft-lbs (9.5-12.2 Nm) with a 10mm socket.
12. Tighten the clamp on the air filter, and close the hood. Torque to 31-39 in-lbs (3.5-4.4 Nm) with an 8mm socket. Caution: Operating the vehicle without the air filter installed can result in serious engine damage, which could result in an accident and injury to the operator and others. Always make sure the air filter is installed.
For more information, see your authorized Slingshot Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.