Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox before servicing the air filter on your Polaris Slingshot. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing the air filter.
To inspect or replace the air filter on your model year 2020 or newer Slingshot, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the parking brake is set.
3. Pull upward on the hood latch. Then, pull back on the underside of the hood above the center LED lamp with both hands to open the hood.
4. Clean any dirt or debris from the air filter area.
5. Unhook the five metal clamps and lift the airbox cover to remove the air filter. Use care to avoid damaging the airbox connector.
6. Inspect the air filter seal and air filter for excessive debris or damage. If necessary, replace with part number 7082252. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
7. Clean the inside of the air box thoroughly. Dirt or debris in the intake tube could result in severe engine damage.
8. Install the air filter in the airbox, ensuring the word "UP" is showing on the filter.
9. Then, secure the five metal clamps, and confirm the air filter cover is fully seated.
10. Close the hood by pulling up on the center of the hood and pivoting toward the vehicle. Allow the hood to drop and ensure all four latch points are secure.
For more information, see your authorized Slingshot Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.