|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Shop Rags||Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly|
|Safety Glasses||T40 TORX® Socket|
|Nitrile Gloves||10mm Socket|
|Multi-Function Pliers||Torque Wrench|
If you need a new battery, see part number 4014609.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Slingshot. To remove and install the battery on your model year 2019 or older Slingshot, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and set the parking brake.
2. Ensure the key is removed.
3. To remove the driver’s side battery access panel, start by removing the two push rivets with a pliers. Use a flat-head screwdriver to help remove stuck push rivet anchors.
4. Then remove the two fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket and pull the panel down and out of the vehicle.
5. Using a 10mm socket, remove the negative battery cable from the terminal first to prevent arcing. Position out of the way.
6. Using a 10mm socket, remove the positive protector boot from the positive battery cable and remove the cable from the terminal. Position the cable out of the way.
7. Reinstalling the fasteners onto the battery posts will help prevent misplacement.
8. Remove the three battery bracket fasteners with a 10mm socket and 8mm wrench.
9. Then lift the bracket slightly and slide the battery out of the compartment.
10. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris or damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery.
11. Place the battery on the holding bracket with the positive terminal toward the inside of the vehicle.
12. Reinstall the battery bracket fasteners. Torque to 7 ft-lbs (9 Nm).
13. Reinstall the positive battery cable first to prevent arcing. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
14. Reinstall the rubber protector boot.
15. Then reinstall the negative battery cable. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
16. Apply a light film of dielectric grease or petroleum jelly to both terminals.
17. Verify the cables are secure and properly routed.
18. Turn the vehicle ON to ensure the battery has been connected properly.
19. Then reinstall the battery access panel. Torque to fasteners to 65 in-lbs (7 Nm).
20. Finish by securing the two push rivets on the battery panel.
For more information, see your authorized Slingshot Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.