Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Slingshot. To change the angle drive fluid on your model year 2019 and older Slingshot, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, and ensure the parking brake is set.
2. Safely elevate the vehicle to gain access to the drain plug located on the bottom of the angle drive housing. Reference your Owner’s Manual for proper lifting techniques.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the angle drive housing. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug.
5. Then remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
6. Next, clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs, and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 10 to 14 ft-lbs (14 to 19 Nm).
11. Add the recommended fluid through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The battery can be removed to gain more access if needed. The fluid capacity is 0.78 quarts (23.7 ounces or 700 mL). A 1-quart bottle of Slingshot Transaxle Fluid is part number 2889023.
12. The battery can be removed to gain more access if needed.
13. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque to 10 to 14 ft-lbs (14-19 Nm).
14. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
15. Dispose of the used fluid properly, and safely lower the vehicle to the ground.
For more information, see your authorized Slingshot Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.