EXCURSION CANVAS TOP INSTALLATION
To install and remove the canvas top on your excursion roof equipped Slingshot, follow these steps:
1. Begin by removing the canvas from the storage bag.
2. Roll the canvas out and lay it flat.
3. Continue by unbuckling the four side clip buckles.
4. Unbuckle the two rear clip buckles.
5. Flip it over so the print on the canvas is facing up.
6. Tightly roll the canvas from the rear so that the retention bar is outside and at the end of the roll.
7. Slide the retention bar into the channel on the excursion top with the print on the canvas facing the rear of the vehicle.
8. Wrap the canvas around the front excursion bar and continue unrolling the canvas to the rear of the vehicle.
9. Clip the two rear clip buckles around the excursion frame.
10. Move to either side of the vehicle and clip the two side buckles around the excursion fame.
11. Feed the center strap through the welded loop on the frame.
12. Feed the center strap through the loop and the canvas and loosely attach the Velcro®.
13. Before continuing, repeat this process for the other side.
14. Ensure the top is centered on the vehicle, paying close attention to the frame retention channel.
15. Tighten the rear buckles by pulling on the straps.
16. Continue by tightening the side buckles on each side of the vehicle.
17. With the buckles fully tightened, tighten the center straps while turning the canvas into the vehicle with your other hand. Tightening the final center strap should remove any remaining slack.
18. Before departing, inspect the entire top and adjust the straps as needed.
19. To remove the canvas top, unclip the two buckles on the side of the vehicle.
20. Remove the Velcro® strap from the canvas and pull the center strap through the ring.
21. Before continuing, repeat this process for the remaining side buckles and center strap.
22. Unbuckle the two rear clip buckles and roll the canvas toward the front of the vehicle.
23. Slide the canvas out of the retention point at the front of the excursion frame and remove from the vehicle.
24. Unroll the canvas until flat.
25. Flip the canvas over so that the buckles face up.
26. Continue by buckling the two rear buckles.
27. Buckle the four side buckles.
28. Tightly roll the rear of the canvas towards the front of the vehicle until fully rolled up. Note: The canvas top should always be rolled up when stored. DO NOT fold the canvas top – folding the canvas will create creases in the top that will be difficult to flatten out.
29. Slide the canvas into the storage bag.
CARE AND CLEANING TIPS
Do not fold your Excursion Canvas Top under any circumstances. The top should always be rolled up and stored in the accessory storage bag.
Follow these steps to clean your Excursion Canvas Top:
- Add 2 ounces of mild soap such as Woolite® or Dawn® soap to 1 gallon of lukewarm water.
- Clean the fabric with a soft bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water and air dry.
Note: Cleaning with harsh cleaners such as bleach will require a retreatment like 303® Fabric Guard for restoring water repellency.
To clean out stubborn stains:
- Add a maximum of 1 cup of bleach to one 1 gallon of water.
- Lightly spray on the non-coated, fabric face. Warning: Do not soak fabric in solution. Prolonged exposure to harsh chemicals can damage the coating.
- Rinse immediately. Do not leave on for more than 2 minutes.
View the instructions for this kit by searching the Accessory Installation Instruction Site.
For more information, see your authorized Slingshot Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
303® is a registered trademark of Gold Eagle Co.
Dawn® is a registered trademark of The Procter & Gamble Company
Velcro® is a registered trademark of VELCRO IP HOLDINGS LLC
Woolite® is a registered trademark of RECKITT BENCKISER LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.