Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Socket
- 10mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
- T25 TORX® Socket
- T27 TORX® Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- Multi-Function Pliers
- Pliers (Side Cutting)
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when working on your Polaris Slingshot.
In this video, we will cover the installation process of the Premium Interior Slingshot LED Lighting Kit by XKGlow® (part number 2889638).
1. Ensure the vehicle is parked on a flat and level surface.
2. Confirm the vehicle is in neutral with the parking brake fully engaged.
3. Remove the key fob from the vehicle.
4. To lift the hood, begin by pulling the hood release lever upward to disengage the four hood latches.
5. Pull the hood upward and forward, ensuring it’s in the proper up position.
6. To disconnect the battery, start by identifying the battery location on the right side of the engine bay.
7. Remove the negative battery terminal bolt with a 10mm socket, and disconnect the negative battery cable.
8. To chock the wheels, be sure to always chock at least one of the front tires with a wheel chock on both the front and the back side of the tire.
9. Safely elevate the vehicle. Reference your Owner’s Manual for proper lifting techniques.
10. To remove the wind deflector, start by removing and keeping the three fasteners from the base of the wind deflector with a T27 TORX® socket.
11. If equipped, remove and keep the screw, washer and O-ring from the center wind deflector mount.
12. Remove the wind deflector and carefully set aside.
13. To remove the mirrors, start by removing and keeping the two mounting screws with an 8mm Allen socket. Tip: You may have to loosen and rotate the mirrors with a 13mm socket for screw access.
14. Remove and carefully set aside mirror assembly.
15. Repeat this process on the opposite mirror.
16. To remove the upper dash, begin by removing and keeping the upper dash painted panels, if equipped, by lifting from the front edges to release the clips.
17. To remove the side trim panels, remove and keep the two screws and two push-pin rivets from the side trim panel with a T25 TORX® socket and multi-function pliers.
18. Remove the side trim panel and set aside.
19. To remove the upper dash panel, start by removing and retaining the eight screws from the upper dash panel with a T40 TORX® socket. Additionally, remove the two center push-pin rivets underneath the upper dash. Note: Push-pin orientation may differ based on vehicle and model year. Check your Owner's Manual for correct placement.
20. If equipped, tweeter speakers can be disconnected or left in the dash assembly as long as they are disconnected at the front of the panel from the main vehicle harness. Use a flathead screwdriver for speaker connector removal
21. Lift the front edge of the upper dash panel to release clips. Then lift off upper dash panel and set it aside.
22. To remove the center console and display, begin by removing and retaining the two push pins from the center console trim with multi-function pliers.
23. Remove the center console trim.
24. Remove and keep the two display center fasteners with a T40 TORX® socket. Move the display center away from the mounting position and disconnect the wiring. Follow by removing the display center.
25. Press the tabs on the back of the switch panel to remove the switch bezel. Remove the switch retainer.
26. To install the LED and Bluetooth® controller, start by putting the center LED in the location behind the switch panel as shown. Tip: Remove the LED from the rubber grommet and install the rubber grommet first. Then install the LED.
27. Remove the existing switch, or switch close-off in third position from the left. Put the switch in the third position from the left. Make sure the switch is installed with the light icon on top.
28. Put the Bluetooth® controller on the outside of the left hand footwell using the push pin rivets. Attach the wiring using the routing clip as shown. Note: MY20/21 vehicles will require drilling holes for controller mounting. Reference instruction sheet 9939875 for steps and templates using the kit designed to fit those model years (part number 2889059) .
29. Start on the passenger side. First, remove the adhesive backing paper from the LED strip. Next, insert the two routing clips into their respective holes and put the LED strip into the footwell. Finally, attach using the routing clip.
30. Move to the driver side and put the edge clips in an opening above the steering column so the LED mounts above the visor closeout. Then put the LED strip with the lights facing down and attach using the edge clips.
31. Insert the routing clip underneath the driver seat base. Remove the adhesive backing paper from the LED strip.
32. Install the LED by adhering it to the seat base and secure it with the clip. Repeat this step for the passenger side seat.
33. Remove the adhesive backing paper and mount the rocker panel LED strip facing down to the frame tube using cable ties. Repeat this process on the opposite side rocker panel.
34. To install the rear interglow harness, begin by plugging in the rear interglow harness connector into the Bluetooth® controller connector. Then put the wiring harness down and to the left-hand frame rail and attach with cable ties.
35. Install the wire harness along the frame rail as shown. Make sure the wiring harness is routed above the frame components and attach with cable ties. Important: The harness must be routed entirely before installing the cable ties. Start by working from the back of the vehicle and then forward. Any slack will be located in the footwell.
36. Connect the left rear interglow harness extension connector to the driver seat LED. Clip the harness to the edge clip. Note: The left and right harness extension connectors are different sizes. The left extension harness is shorter and the right extension harness is longer.
37. Connect the left rear interglow harness extension to the left-hand rocker LED and clip to the edge clip.
38. Insert the left rear interglow harness extension into the cabin through the opening in the bottom of the vehicle. Clip the seat base with the clip.
39. Connect the right rear interglow harness extension connector to the passenger seat LED and clip to the vehicle.
40. Connect the right rear interglow harness extension to the right-hand rocker LED. Clip to the vehicle using edge clip.
41. Insert the right rear interglow harness extension into the cabin through the opening in the bottom of the vehicle. Clip to the seat base with the clip.
42. Connect the left rear interglow harness extension connector to the rear interglow light harness connector.
43. Connect the right rear interglow harness extension connector to the rear interglow harness connector.
44. To install the footwell interior light harness, start by connecting the footwell interior light harness – this is the connector closest to the part number tag – to the Bluetooth® controller.
45. Put the footwell interior light harness plug through the bulkhead along the existing wires. Connect the harness to the footwell LED. Attach with a cable tie.
46. Remove the two coolant reservoir bolts with a 13mm socket, and pivot the reservoir out of the way.
47. Put the footwell interior light harness along the existing wiring and attach with cable ties.
48. Put the console LED wiring through the bulkhead along the existing wiring. Connect the footwell interior light harness to the console LED.
49. Put the footwell interior light harness through the bulkhead following the existing wiring. Connect the footwell interior light harness plug to the footwell LED plug. Attach with cable ties.
50. To install the multi-color interior LED harness, begin by connecting the multi-color interior LED harness to the Bluetooth® controller. Put the push dart in the existing hole as shown in the video above.
51. Put the multi-color interior LED harness under the ECM mounting bracket. Put the routing clip in the existing hole. Next, put the harness through the bulkhead along the existing wiring. Finally, connect the plug to the rocker switch and attach with cable ties.
52. Route the multi-color interior LED harness along the existing harness and put through the bulkhead along the existing wiring. Connect the plug to the chassis harness. Finally, attach with cable ties.
53. Reconnect all cables that were removed from the display during disassembly.
54. Put the coolant reservoir in place and install screws. Torque to 18 ft-lbs (24 Nm).
55. For vehicle reassembly, begin by reinstalling the switch panel and console trim.
56. Put the switch retainer bezel and switch bezel in place.
57. Put the display center in place and install the retained fasteners.
58. Put the center console trim in place.
59. Install the two retained push pins from the center console trim.
60. To reinstall the upper dash, start connecting the dash tweeter speakers to the main vehicle harness, if equipped.
61. Set the upper dash panel in place and loosely install the eight retained screws.
62. Reinsert the two retained center push-pin rivets underneath the upper dash.
63. Torque the eight screws to specification. The inner upper dash panel screws should be torqued to 62 in-lbs (7 Nm). The outer upper dash panel screws should be torqued to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm).
64. To reinstall the side trim panels, begin by setting the side trim panels in place and loosely installing the two retained screws with the two retained push pin rivets.
65. Torque the two screws to 10 in-lbs (1 Nm).
66. Repeat this process for the opposite side.
67. If equipped, reinstall the upper dash painted panels, put the small end of the panels under the dash and rotate to press the clips into place.
68. To reinstall the mirrors, start by setting the mirror in place and attach with the two mirror mounting screws, and torque to 35 ft-lbs (47 N·m) with an 8mm Allen socket. Tip: Be sure to retighten the adjusted hex bolt.
69. Repeat this process for the opposite side mirror.
70. To reinstall the wind deflector, begin by setting the wind deflector in place and attach it with the retained fasteners.
71. If equipped, install the screw, washer and O-ring into the center wind deflector mount. Torque the screw to 9 in-lbs (1 Nm).
72. Finally, reconnect the battery by installing the negative battery cable to the battery with the retained terminal bolt, then torque to 40 in-lbs (4.5 Nm).
73. Read Slingshot LED App Operation for instructions on pairing your phone and customizing the lighting.
View the Premium Interior Light Kit by XKGlow® (part number 2889638) and read the installation instructions for additional information, included parts and diagrams.
Download the Slingshot LED app on the App Store® for iPhone® and iPad® or Google Play®.
To view more accessories, visit the Slingshot Accessories page.
For more information, see your authorized Slingshot Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth Sig, Inc.
Google Play® and YouTube® are registered trademarks of Google LLC
App Store®, iPhone® and iPad® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
XKGLOW® is a registered trademark of Danial E. Julian DBA XKGLOW.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.