Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Slingshot. To change the transmission fluid on your model year 2019 and older Slingshot, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure the parking brake is set.
2. Safely elevate the vehicle to gain access to the transmission fill and drain plugs. Reference your Owner’s Manual for proper lifting techniques.
3. Place a drain pan under the transmission drain plug. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug.
5. Then remove the transmission fill plug with a 24mm socket and set aside.
6. Next, clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with a 24mm socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Inspect both plugs and sealing surfaces. The sealing surfaces should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
9. Reinstall the drain plug with a new washer. Torque to 27 ft-lbs (37 Nm).
10. Add the recommended fluid through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The fluid capacity is 2.75 quarts (2.6 liters). A 1-quart bottle of Slingshot Transmission Fluid is part number 2879440.
11. Reinstall the fill plug with a new washer. Torque to 19 to 35 ft-lbs (26 to 48 Nm).
12. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly and safely lower the vehicle to the ground.
For more information, see your authorized Slingshot Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.